[OT] Bargain Alert - 50" 3LCD Rear Pro for £999 plus VAT at Makro

  • Subject: [OT] Bargain Alert - 50" 3LCD Rear Pro for £999 plus VAT at Makro
  • From: MacNewbie <macnewbie@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2005 13:53:21 +0000

Makro have the Sony 50" Grand Wega LCD Rear Projection TV -=20=20
KDFE50A12U on special offer from 4th Jan =3D =A3999 plus VAT.

HD Ready with HDMI, 1280x720, 2 x RGB Scart, Component, Integrated=20=20
FreeView, Virtual Dolby Surround and free stand!

I bought one just before xmas for =A31299 from Currys and I have to say =
=20
I've been blown away by the set. Standard Definition Pictures are=20=20
good (much better than my 47" Panasonic Rear Pro) but hook up a
HD=20=20
source and WOW!

I've connected my MCE PC to it using a DVI-HDMI lead and downloaded=20=20
some HD content from the Internet. The picture quality is breathtaking!

It's an absolute steal at this price and puts all the mid range=20=20
plasma sets I've seen for twice the price in the shade.

Seriously would recommend this to anyone wanting to make the leap=20=20
into HD and has the space for this beauty. Actually, it's pretty slim=20=20
and fits very nicely in my average size sitting room!

Roll on DriveTV (Telewest Cable) and Sky HD :-)

Don

PS the only gripe some people have had is that there is a fan in the=20=20
set and some people find it obtrusive - Many more don't including me=20=20
but if you've hyper sensitive hearing then you might want to check it=20=20
out first.