Re: {Definitely Spam?} Re: [OT] Ebay / Paypal - Card Refund Claim

Well done on your pursuit of the ****** ****** !

I've did once use Paypal & the 'net to buy an old data-logger from
the US, but 'was very careful to try to get to know who I was dealing
with, through an exchange of e-mails ... otherwise I've kept away
from ebay, and car-boot sales, just because it's difficult to be sure
of how things got there ... maybe I'm just nervous, but 'seems to me
too many people think such concerns are somebody else's problem &
are far too unparticular about where things come from & how they get
there ... 'goes for for food, too ... so long it's cheap, they don't
care !   It's a cruel world out there, and we all have a part to play
to make it better ... .   The data-logger was great, too ... an
HP3421A ... but now I'm looking for extra cards, to give me more
channels !

Chris

On 28 Dec 2005, at 13:27, LeeUKHA wrote:

> > I have generaly not had any issues with Ebay, however I recently
> > bought an item listed as Brand new in box, whn it arrived it was
> > clearly not new and had a fault.
> >
> > I pay with PayPal as I thought it gave me some protection, when
you
> > read the details of the buyer protection it looks like there is
> > little chance of them paying out.
> >
> This is what really annoys me about Paypal's "Buyer
Protection", on