Re: Advice on behind LCD connections etc

  • Subject: Re: Advice on behind LCD connections etc
  • From: "Geraint Williams" <aclcsc@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2005 18:40:30 -0000

Thanks for the pointers so far.
This may be a stupid question, but as i haven't actually used HDMI
etc so far, I had a look at the back of the tv i'll be purchasing
today (we have two at work you see).

Its a Samsung LE32R41B

it has one connector that is listed as both DVI and HDMI.
I'm used to DVI from graphics cards, but this one is more like the
HDMI (like a big firewire port).

Can this be a combo port, or can it only be DVI OR HDMI ?

In which case, do i need both, or would one connector plate be fine
and i use hdmi to tv from wallplate, and the other end i use hdmi to
dvi type of connector i'm more used to seeing ?.

I did look into the trunking idea, but this is not really accessible
once skimmed, and it's on a wall where it's pretty much centre-piece
of the room, so it most likely is once in, not re-opening.

Cheers
Geraint.

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, Jim Noble <yahoo-groups@b...> wrote:

> Paul Gordon wrote:
> > FWIW, I would *definitely* put in a HDMI cable now, while you
have the chance.... - I guarantee that before long, you will see MCE
PC's with HDMI out's fitted, and graphics cards with HDMI outs can't
be far away either... The cost of a few metres of HDMI cable is as
nothing to the annoyance you might feel in 2 or 3 years time when
you have loads of components that are HDMI equipped and you can't
get that signal to the screen....