Re: Advice on behind LCD connections etc

> Good thoughts, up until you see...
>
> "HDMI supports HDCP".
>
> *bzzzzzt* not interested. Move along now.
>
> DVD is already too restricted thanks, I'm not signing up to *any*
> technology
> which won't even display the content that you have purchased because
it
> decides that it doesn't like the combination of devices.
>
> Basically, whilst I quite fancy the whole HD thing, I'm going to stick
> with
> regular SD technology util we see rather more common sense come to the
> whole
> copyright/IP debacle. Of course, that may well mean no Vista, no next
gen
> GFX cards etc... Hey, I'll live.
>
> I.

Gotta agree with you there Ian. This whole situation is starting to spin
wildly out of control...

The bit that got me was someone trying to watch a HD version of the 'The
Terminator' needing his PC to have a US ip address and have to get (via
the internet) authorisation to play the disk... WTF? He'd  paid for it
and now has to ask permission to play it?  Not interested...