RE: [OT] Measuring carpet...

  • Subject: RE: [OT] Measuring carpet...
  • From: "Hawes,Timothy Edward \(GEG\)" <haweste@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2005 17:32:08 -0000

Andy,

Carpetright have a guide (it's the "blotter-pad") that the
in-store
people use and that includes stairs. The only thing on their website is
for a basic box-shaped room with alcoves
(http://www.carpetright.co.uk/images/free_estimating/roomguide.pdf)

Some basic advice here:
http://www.franksfactoryflooring.co.uk/tips/tips_measuring.html

And some more here: (a runner is just a narrow carpet :-)   )
http://www.rugsrugs.com/measurementstairRunner.cfm

Other than that it's hard to advise without knowing your particular
layout. What surprised me the first time was that you buy the whole
width of carpet, so if you only need a 3m x 4m piece but the carpet is
made in a 5m width, you pay for (and should receive) a piece 3m x 5m.

HTH,

Tim.