Re: hosting recommendations?

I use dreamhost.com.  It can be really cheap to do if you have a 'discount
code'. They support SSH2 with sftp and scp. And you get a free .com domain
if you want.

The annual cost of of hosting a site should be around $119/year, but you
can
get a $90 discount if you put the right promo code in the order form before
you checkout.  Just order their 'Domain Crazy Insane plan' and enter the
promo code 'VEGASIT'.  They knock $90 off your bill and send me a fiver as
thankyou.  Sweet.

So what do you get for your hard-earned $119 $29/year?

>From their website:
Support
97-Day Money-Back Guarantee
24 hour Technical Support (E-Mail)

Account Features
Web-Based Account Control Panel
JabberTM Chat Server
Disk Storage at signup - DOUBLED!   2400 MB to 4800 MB
Automatically Increases Weekly By:   40 MB
Monthly Bandwidth   120 GB
Automatically Increases Weekly By:   1 GB
MySQL Databases   Unlimited

User Accounts
E-Mail Accounts (POP / IMAP)   600
Shell / FTP / E-Mail Accounts   75

E-Mail
POP / SMTP Access
IMAP Access
Web-Based Email Access
Procmail Mail Filtering
Spam Filtering - SpamAssassin
Email Addresses (Aliases)   Unlimited
Announcement Lists   Unlimited
Discussion Lists   Unlimited

Domains
Free Domain Registration (A $9.95 Value!)
Domains Hosted     UNLIMITED
Subdomains Hosted     UNLIMITED
Domains Forwarded/Mirrored   Unlimited

Programming
PHP4 Support
PHP5 Support
Full Unix Shell
Crontab Access
Full CGI Access
Ruby On Rails
Canned CGI Scripts
Server Side Includes (SSI)
CVS Repository

E-Commerce
SSL Secure Server (req. unique IP)

Advanced Features
Enhanced Web Security
WebDAV
Snapshot Data Backup
Daily Access Statistics
Access to raw log files
Banner-Free DreamBook account
Passworded Directories (.htaccess)
FrontPage Extensions
RealAudio and Video (http stream)
Quicktime Streaming

Account Add-Ons
Additional Disk Space / 10MB   $1/mo
Additional Monthly Bandwidth / 1 GB   $1
Additional Domain Registration / Yr   $9.95
Unique IP Address   $4.95/mo