RE: [OT] Water Conditioners...

  • Subject: RE: [OT] Water Conditioners...
  • From: "Hawes,Timothy Edward \(GEG\)" <haweste@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2005 20:17:02 -0000

Wayne,

Collect your rainwater and plumb your washing machine into that? That'll
save you the cost of the water *and* the softener/salt. Rainwater
collection can be done on the cheap but you generally need somewhere to
hide the tank. You can also use it for watering the garden and flushing
the loo, probably run the dishwasher on it too...

See http://www.betterbuild.com/266.htm
for one system, Googling for
"Rainwater Harvesting" brings up loads more :-)

HTH,

Tim.