RE: Re: [OT] Water Conditioners...

  • Subject: RE: Re: [OT] Water Conditioners...
  • From: "Kenneth Watt" <kwatt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 3 Dec 2005 09:44:48 -0000

> You should be able to gate your hardness rating from your water
> company. All the dishwashers (I know yours is a washing machine but
> you get the point) I've ever bought have a little dial in them that
> needs to be set to the hardness of your water (something to do with
> salt dosing I think). Can't remember the scale (sorry) but it's
> named after some German guy from memory.

Yes, that adjusts the salt dosage into the water in effect.

You will also have to adjust the rinse aid dial in the soap dispenser
accordingly as well to compensate for the calcium in the water.

If you are in a hard or very hard water area *AVOID* using 3-in-1 etc.
tablets as they don't do the job properly and do cause issues. We engineers
have been banging on about this for ages and (FINALLY!!) the media seem to
be picking up on it...

http://www.ukwhitegoods.co.uk/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=1473

HTH

K.