RE: [OT] Water Conditioners...

  • Subject: RE: [OT] Water Conditioners...
  • From: "Kenneth Watt" <kwatt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 3 Dec 2005 09:36:59 -0000

> The nice little lady in the shop went rattling on about 'oh you should
> realy consider getting some Calgon - we do it the best prices here,
> better than Asda even! and it will make your washing machine live
> longer' (no she didn't sing that bit - but I had to smile when the
tune
> went through my head)

Absolute cobblers!

Do a monthly "service wash" with the machine empty on a boil wash
using a
normal heavy soil dosage of a decent detergent (I'd recommend Ariel Bio)
and
that will accomplish far more than Calgon ever could as it will also remove
any bacteriological build up as well.

If you've got problems with smells...

http://www.ukwhitegoods.co.uk/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=43

As that's often the reason that this comes up.

It's like a lot of these additives that they try to flog you, totally
useless waste of time that only costs you more.

As for water softeners, yes they do work but you need a good quality one
that filters and they ain't cheap, then you have the ongoing costs of the
filters etc.

K.