Latest message you have seen: RE: ADSL Bonding - Photos/Screen Shots

Re: freeview + Hardware mpeg encoder TV card ?

Davey wrote:

> Anyone know of a digital terrestrial TV receiver (freeview) and
hardware
> mpeg encoder combined in either usb or pci card?
>
> ie. a hauppage WinTV-PVR-250 but with digital telly rather than
analogue

DVB cards simply dump the MPEG2 stream as it comes in over the air to
disk, no encoding necessary.  They use roughly the same sort of system
resources as a PVR 250.

The Hauppague Nova-t series are popular, I myself am using an Avermedia
DVB-T 771[1] as the linux support is better[2].

kim.

[1] Alongside a PVR 250, in a Duron 900 based mythtv backend.

[2] AIUI, the Nova-t comes in two breeds, the newer chipset requiring
bleeding-edge drivers.