Latest message you have seen: =?iso-8859-1?Q?Home_DIY_Rack_Wins_Creator_a_=A320K_Car?=

Re: [OT] Freeview boxes

  • Subject: Re: [OT] Freeview boxes
  • From: "Rob Lamb" <those@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2005 14:07:26 -0000

Hi Steve,

had thought about that but when the box powers up again it goes into
a standby mode. An IR wakes it but only into the channel that it was
on before switching off or freezing. That would mean the Tivo would
have to send two channel commands (one to wake the unit and the
other to set the channel) which I don't think it can do? And what if
Tivo thinks it's already on the correct channel - does it still send
and IR command to set the channel?

Rob

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Steve Morgan" <smorgo@g...> wrote:
> I've got the BT-badged version of the Netgem, which also had a
habit of
> freezing.
>
> A plug-in time switch set to turn it off for 5 minutes in the wee
small
> hours soon sorted that one - it's been entirely reliable ever
since.

> Word of warning, though; if you use a time switch, get an
electronic one
> with a backup battery, not a mechanical one. A mechanical one will
lose time
> if you have a power cut, resulting in the power being recycled at
completely
> inappropriate times.
>
> Steve

the