Latest message you have seen: Automated Home - Latest Forum Posts

RE: Re: [OT] Freeview boxes

  • Subject: RE: Re: [OT] Freeview boxes
  • From: "Steve Morgan" <smorgo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2005 18:16:25 +0100

Rob,

Mine also powers up in standby, but it works OK. You could see if you get
the option of sending a leading 0, which might help. TiVo always sends then
channel code, even if it thinks it's on the right channel.

Why not give it a try - just power off and back on the Freeview box, then
change channels with the TiVo remote.

Steve

wrote:
> > I've got the BT-badged version of the Netgem, which also had a
> habit of
> > freezing.
> >
> > A plug-in time switch set to turn it off for 5 minutes in the wee
> small
> > hours soon sorted that one - it's been entirely reliable ever
> since.
> >
> > Word of warning, though; if you use a time switch, get an
> electronic one
> > with a backup battery, not a mechanical one. A mechanical one
will
> lose time
> > if you have a power cut, resulting in the power being recycled at
> completely
> > inappropriate times.
> >
> > Steve

size=-1><a
> > > href="http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=12huh2nfc/M=362131.6882498.7
> > 825261.2920218/D=groups/S=1705041992:TM/Y=YAHOO/EXP=>
> > 1124576618/A=2889192/R=0/SIG=10r90krvo/*http://www.thebeehive.org
> > > ">We'll help your hive really thrive. (healthy tips
for the whole
> > > family) Welcome to the Sweet Life - brought to you by One
> > > Economy</a>.</font>

> --------------------~--> <font face=arial size=-1><a
> href="http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=12hoko2t1/M=362339.6886523.7
841161.2920218/D=groups/S=1705041992:TM/Y=YAHOO/EXP=>
1124726924/A=2894638/R=0/SIG=10pkrq6ru/*http://www.drugfree.or
g">Drugs Don't Discriminate Get help for yourself or someone you

know.</a></font>