Latest message you have seen: Improving the picture from video card

RE: how do keep common connections tidy?

  • Subject: RE: how do keep common connections tidy?
  • From: "Rod Stephens" <rodneys@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2005 08:09:15 +1000

Ade
I gave up years ago trying to put all the low voltage into the connector
blocks. My solution (not to everyone's taste, but it works), is to
locate a chocolate block with 7 connectors somewhere close in the hub
and fit-off everything I know that needs power into the first connector
and put a jumper across to the other 2. Ditto for common, leaving the
centre connector to avoid potential shorts. As the project draws to a
close or the client finally gets around to having that additional
PIR/Gate station installed, the other connectors are used to avoid
disturbing what is already working.
Your cry of anguish over fitting off Comfort (and other similar systems)
is an echo around the world.
Rod Stephens
Digihouse (Aust) Pty Ltd