Latest message you have seen: Re: Strong stick no-residue tape

Re: XBOX - HA for Power ?

I can't remember the exact voltage, but it's either 5v or 12v.
It works just the same as a standard ATX PC power supply, the Xbox psu
is 'on' all the time, and when you push the  power button,  the
motherboard starts up.
So basically shorting out the two connections to the 'on' button
(without adding any voltage) would start the Xbox just fine...

> Here's a thought.
>
> I want another media player and have been looking at dvd/divx players
> with
> network support - but they all seem a little flakey, whereas XBMC just
> works. But the problem with the XBOX is the on/off - you have to press
> the
> front switch and the remote cant do it (without an awkward mod). I
would
> be siting the XBOX in Node0.
>
> So how about this - I wonder what voltage the power switch at the
> front is
> ? I'm curious to know if this can be wired into a Comfort output (not
> sure
> if it would need to go through my relay or not - prob bot) direct to
the
> switch on the front of the xbox.
>
> I can then program a button on the CBUS DLT in the lounge to tell
Comfort