Latest message you have seen: RE: Re: New Build

XBOX - HA for Power ?

  • Subject: XBOX - HA for Power ?
  • From: Gareth Cook <g@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 20 Aug 2005 15:37:43 +0100

Here's a thought.

I want another media player and have been looking at dvd/divx players with=
=20
network support - but they all seem a little flakey, whereas XBMC just=20
works. But the problem with the XBOX is the on/off - you have to press the=
=20
front switch and the remote cant do it (without an awkward mod). I would=20
be siting the XBOX in Node0.

So how about this - I wonder what voltage the power switch at the front is=
=20
? I'm curious to know if this can be wired into a Comfort output (not sure=
=20
if it would need to go through my relay or not - prob bot) direct to the=20
switch on the front of the xbox.

I can then program a button on the CBUS DLT in the lounge to tell
Comfort=20
to toggle the power. Not quite as good as a remote but at least it's a=20
switch in the same room !

Comments ?

G.

Gareth Cook
Tools and Process Architect
IBM SWG Sales - Lotus Park, Staines, TW18 3AG
Office: +44 (0)1784 445166 - Mobile: +44 (0)7980 445166
AIM Chat : TheBoyG - MSN Chat : chat@xxxxxxx
email: g@xxxxxxx

=20