Latest message you have seen: RE: Strong stick no-residue tape

Re: Geovision questions

  • Subject: Re: Geovision questions
  • From: "noel_pilot" <HA@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 21 Aug 2005 02:14:38 -0000

>From the cctv guide that is in the articles section, could you not use
a graphics card with a tvout socket and hook that into a modulator for
house wide tv viewing?
I don't have my geovision system as yet but I assume the main desktop
window shows live full motion footage dependent on your settings on
the geovisions systems monitor???

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Geraint Williams" <aclcsc@y...>
wrote:
> On this question of real time streaming, I was thinking that maybe=20
> the GV-DSP card would be suited, and then the outputs fed into a=20
> modulator so that the cameras could be viewed realtime on
television=20
wrote:
> > Not sure about the termination - they don't have any physical=20
> terminators.
> >=20
> > You can stream over the LAN in a number of ways. The first is
using=20
> the web viewer but this isn't in real time - but fairly quick. The=20
> second is to use the RemoteView LAN application. This is again
fairly=20
> quick but I don't think it's 25fps - certainly not with several=20
> cameras running. I think it all comes down to how many cameras you=20
> are monitoring at once and how many are being monitored by the card=20
> (for motion detection recording). The biggest factor is the card
and=20
> how many frames it's capable of dealing with.
> >=20
> > Paul.
> >=20
BT878 card so=
=20
> I could)
> > > - I
> > > want to feed the cams to a modulator too.
> > >=20
> > > Also, can I stream from the geovision machine over the lan
to=20
> another
> > > computer
> > > at good quality in real time (real time as in no
perceviable=20
> delay so
> > > lipsync is
> > > still ok when talking on the phone to the person at the
camera)
> > >=20
> > > Also, the major issue I have with the current setup is that
I=20
-------------------
> -~-->
> > >=20
> href=3D"http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=3D12hk0l7de/M=3D362343.6886680.783963=
9.2
> 9202
> > >=20

18/D=3Dgroups/S=3D1705041992:TM/Y=3DYAHOO/EXP=3D1124528293/A=3D2894350/R=
=3D0/SIG=3D1
> 0tj5
> > > mr8v/*http://www.globalgiving.com";>Make
a difference. Find and=20