Latest message you have seen: Re: CBus power usage

RE: Re: About to embark on a Geovision setup, pointers ?

  • Subject: RE: Re: About to embark on a Geovision setup, pointers ?
  • From: "Paul Gale" <groups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2005 19:29:42 +0100

All software updates are FOC :) :) :)

And they are VERY busy working on new features - I've never known such a
responsive company before - their support is very helpful too :)

You do need a newer card or a dongle to run v7 though - This should be FOC
though I think?

Tracking looks good although I've not got my P+T heads working yet - got
some old ones (huge) but not had a chance to test them out yet and see if
Geovision supports them.

Can't think of any particular 'gotchas' - the card can be a little
temperamental with some graphics cards/drivers. Doesn't like running over a
remote connection (e.g. Remote desktop/Funk proxy/PC Anywhere) much -
complains of overlay problems. I do have the DSP card though, so that might
complicate issues a bit. The DSP card is good - real time video display on
the Geovision PC and through the composite connector.

Paul.

wrote:
> > All of the software you mentioned is included within the
geovision
> suite :) !!!!
> >
> > One big tip (and something I don't normally do) is to read the
> manual - as there is just sooooo much functionality - I'm still
> discovering new bits and I've had the GV650 for well over a year!
> >
> > In addition to the various web cam functions and remote playback,
> v7 now adds the simultaneous ability to upload images to an FTP
> server. This way, you now get one or two frames per second as still
> JPEG's.
> >
> > Paul.

workgroup mode