Latest message you have seen: Re: CBus power usage

Re: Connect IR receivers to PC

  • Subject: Re: Connect IR receivers to PC
  • From: "mitchellthraves" <mthraves@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2005 10:35:24 -0000

Hi

My time frame for this is about 2 months approx. I have just
purchased a property that I am currently taking back to bare walls
then chasing out for CAT5e, speaker, coax etc. Its important that I
get the right cabling and technologies in place before the walls are
plastered and the flooring is put down.

Being from an IT programming background I tend to lean towards the
CAT5 everywhere approach.

I have several PDA's etc that use 802.11b WiFi which is great for
controlling devices from anywhere, but sometimes a simple IR remote
is easier to just "point and shoot". Being able to know which
room
transmitted the IR signal would be really useful which is what lead
me to ask the question.

I'm willing to wait for the right device, just need to avoid tearing
down the walls again!

Finally, many thanks for all the responses guys, its really
appreciated.

Regards

Mitch

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, YAP <x112358@g...> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I don't know your time frame for this but we
> (http://www.eurosource.se/catalog)
will have this for VSCP
> (http://www.vscp.org) later this
fall. Also transmitters. Both
> multiprotocol.
>
> With the new xAP driver for the CANAL/VSCP daemon xAP is also an
> option in interfacing the system. There is also a WINLIRC driver
> (http://winlirc.sourceforge.net/)
today for the VSCP daemon that
> support most IR transmitters but this requires a PC.
>
> /Ake
>
> On 8/18/05, mitchellthraves <mthraves@h...> wrote:
> >  Has anyone got any ideas how I would connect half a dozen
Xantech 490-