Latest message you have seen: =?iso-8859-1?q?Re:_Logitech_Squeezebox_Boom_-_=A350_Off_(Expires_Soon)?=

Re: Barionet (Barix) also IP Power 9212 (Aviosys) help/advise

  • Subject: Re: Barionet (Barix) also IP Power 9212 (Aviosys) help/advise
  • From: "K. C. Li" <li@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2005 17:47:43 +0100 (BST)

On Mon, 15 Aug 2005, ukhauk wrote:

> I bought a barionet about 12 months ago after reading about it prior
> to Barix attending UKHA 2004 the build quality and feel of the
> product is excellent + it interfaces with the 1-wire Dallas temp
> sensors which I had been evaluating. Barix promise they are working
> on security but I have waited over a year now with simple solution in
> sight. Not much activity on the Barionet forum either

Have a look at the Barix Defconlock product:

http://www.barix.com/products/defconlock_ip_access_control.html

It is simply a program running on a Barionet. We have an older version of
the program source but if you contact Barix (info@xxxxxxx), they should
release the source of their current version of the device at no charge.

That should provide a good starting point for a secure route to
communicate with the Barionet.

Regards,

Kwong Li
li@xxxxxxx