RE: kat5 mk2 and xantech

  • Subject: RE: kat5 mk2 and xantech
  • From: "Keith Doxey" <ukha@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 7 Aug 2005 00:53:28 +0100

Hi John

> has anyone tried connecting the output of the KAT5 MK2 IR on the
> transmitter end into a Xantech block? Does it pass the IR through to
all
> the other emitters?

Just been looking round the Xantech website at various diagrams and they
seem to use some very strange wiring conventions.

The Jack socket for their IR receivers is wired as

Tip = Signal
Ring = Ground
Sleeve = +12V

whereas general convention is that the sleeve of a plug is usually ground.
Let me know which particular Xantech kit you wanted to connect and I will
try and find out more information.

Regards

Keith