RE: Using WindowsXP to Make RAID 5 Happen

  • Subject: RE: Using WindowsXP to Make RAID 5 Happen
  • From: "Phil Harris" <phil@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2005 23:41:53 +0100

You've been running RAID5 across firewire without problems?

Or you've been running on firewire without problems?

Phil=20

Behalf=20
> > Of john nye
> > Sent: 04 August 2005 22:37
> > To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
> > Subject: Re: [ukha_d] Using WindowsXP to Make RAID 5 Happen
> >
> > Yep, that got my attention Phil.
> > I've got an enclosure containing 4 x 160GB, connected by
firewire.=20
> > Tell me more.
> >
> > John

Behalf
> > > Of john nye
> > > Sent: 04 August 2005 17:09
> > > To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
> > > Subject: Re: [ukha_d] Using WindowsXP to Make RAID 5 Happen
> > >
> > > I did the hack on my media server - been running for a few
> > months now
> > > without a problem.
> > >

> > > John

size=3D-1><a
> > > href=3D"http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=3D12hmlla6o/M=3D320369.6903864.7
> > 846594.2920218/D=3Dgroups/S=3D1705041992:TM/Y=3DYAHOO/EXP=3D>
> >=20
> 1123178757/A=3D2896112/R=3D0/SIG=3D1107idj9u/*http://www.thanksandgiving.=
com
> > > ">Give the gift of life to a sick child. Support St.
Jude
> > Children=BFs
> > > Research Hospital</a>.</font>

> > Yahoo! Groups Links
> >

> > ------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor=20
> > --------------------~--> <font face=3Darial
size=3D-1><a
> > href=3D"http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=3D12htva6ep/M=3D362339.6886523.7
> 841161.2920218/D=3Dgroups/S=3D1705041992:TM/Y=3DYAHOO/EXP=3D1123198418
> /A=3D2894633/R=3D0
> /SIG=3D> 10pkrq6ru/*http://www.drugfree.org";>Drug
Abuse Can Be
> > Prevented "One of the most effective drug prevention
organizations"=20
> > (NY Times)</a>.</font>
> >

>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
> Yahoo! Groups Links
>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
> ------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor=20
> --------------------~--> <font face=3Darial
size=3D-1><a=20
> href=3D"http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=3D12h1tah2p/M=3D362343.6886680.7
839639.2920218/D=3Dgroups/S=3D1705041992:TM/Y=3DYAHOO/EXP=3D1123202340/A=3D=
2894354/R=3D0
/SIG=3D> 11qvf79s7/*http://http://www.globalgiving.com/cb/cidi/c_darfur