RE: Using WindowsXP to Make RAID 5 Happen

  • Subject: RE: Using WindowsXP to Make RAID 5 Happen
  • From: "Phil Harris" <phil@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2005 23:45:29 +0100

> Do you know if there is any way I can check whether I have=20
> been having any disconnects/reconnects/rebuilds?

Yup - the whole lot drops offline and then (in my case with 2 arrays of 8 x
160Gb drives each) would then take about a day to rebuild.
=20
> It would be a pain if I lost the data, but not a disaster as=20
> I have all the films on DVD's and the music and pictures are=20
> backed up elsewhere.

That's what I told myself...

...but after ripping my entire collection of DVDs for the fourth time
(abou=
350-400 of them at the last count) the novelty wore off a tad!

> Guess I need to investigate other strategies -:(

At the moment I'm looking at Macs and - whether it's possible to run
UnionF=
(or similar) on them...

Phil