Re: IR Motion detection problem

  • Subject: Re: IR Motion detection problem
  • From: "Juan Amador" <juane@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 04 Aug 2005 08:12:00 -0000

Harry, do you have details of brand/model? And precise orientation (I
assume on south wall pointing north)

Without that, is difficult to advise, but a few things to check,
- first and foremost, we do not advise IR-only detectors - "Dual
Technology" (IR and Microwave) are much more reliable.
- you don'r mention whether your garage door is open or not when this
happens, or whether the sensor is semi-exposed to outdoor whether -
but things that can trigger an IR sensor are (as well as an insect
reasonablu close) bird flying past - even behind a glass window;
reflected sun (even if your sensor points north!)  Is the sensor
visible from the street?  If so, it may even just be a pair of jockers
with a small mirror playing games.
- upgrade to an "outdoor" model.
- sensors have settings which regulate how high and how far the sense -
you may want to change/reduce this.
- if all else fails, you may want to replace the sensor - it may just
be faulty.

Hope this helps

J Amador
Wizard Control