Re: Device for barring unauthorised phone calls

> I think he was just responding to television adverts or maybe he had
seen
> some numbers in some -um - magazines ;-)
>
> But thats a good idea. for barring the numbers.
>
> I'm sure I've seen a device that can be plugged in and programmed to
bar
> numbers though, although of course the little b'stard could just
unplug it
> again - Time to buy a lockable sarel enclosure me thinks!
>
> Cheers
>
> Neil

An alternative which also has lots of other benefits is a Sipura 3000.
This
is mainly used for providing VoIP calls to/from your normal handset, but in
combination with Asterisk (PABX software) you can do call screening on
incoming *and* outgoing calls.  I got mine from Linitx
http://linitx.com/product_info.php?cPath=102&products_id=650
and can
recommend the LiveCD from Andy Powell http://automated.it/asterisk/ .

Q.