RE: [OT]ish suction moulding machine?

  • Subject: RE: [OT]ish suction moulding machine?
  • From: "Alex Monaghan" <ha@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2005 22:28:43 +0100

Vacuum Forming Machine is the term you're looking for. I grew up with them
as my dad designed them for a living. He's even got one in bits in his
garage, well he used to, I try and avoid things like his garage & loft
as
it's admitting that I may still have my junk in there :)

If you need any advise, shout and I'll forward the questions to him.

Depending on the gauge of plastic, you may get away with a heat source like
a hair dryer and a domestic vacuum cleaner to provide the suck, you'd need
to build a suitable box to hold everything.

You may even find a local plastics company who'd be prepared to run off a
small number, or perhaps even approach a local school / technical college
(if such a thing still exists) with a donation to school funds.