Re: [OT]ish suction moulding machine?

Thanks all for the input, I'll let you know if I end up down the route with
a box of melting plastic :)

Prototype 1 needs the vacuum formed cover, sorry no pics of that at the
moment.
Prototype 2 is a different form factor (19" 1U half rack) but here's
some
eye candy, which I know you all love :)

http://www.myautomatedhouse.co.uk/images/case/case1.jpg
http://www.myautomatedhouse.co.uk/images/case/case2.jpg
http://www.myautomatedhouse.co.uk/images/case/case3.jpg
http://www.myautomatedhouse.co.uk/images/case/case4.jpg
http://www.myautomatedhouse.co.uk/images/case/case5.jpg

Yes, image 1 and 2 have been "touched up" to remove the
protrusions from the
keyboard/mouse tower, and some low profile ram is on order.

Its intended as a "mobile" wireless touchscreen data entry unit
where the
staff members can take it around the building, sit down, boot it up and
work
away. Its coming in at around £400 a box at the moment but we're edging
away
from a pocket pc as we need something thats almost indestructable, and cant
be "lost" in someones bag and taken offsite if you know what I
mean.

Prototype 1 with the moulded front will most definatly be more asthetic,
probably more practical, and a lot lighter as the box materials are totally
different. However getting the moulded cover is proving a bit of a
distraction as the screen bolted onto the front of a metal case (as it is
now) isnt really very practical.

If you're interested, I'll let you know where we end up with this as it
might end up doubling as a nice little fixed lounge controller, or in wall
touch screen interface :)

I'd also be interested in hearing from anyone thats undertaken development
of the same kind of system. Pics, ideas etc appreciated.

Regards,

Jules