Re: Vehicle Tracking

  • Subject: Re: Vehicle Tracking
  • From: "seniorsimon" <simon.ryley@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 05 Sep 2004 19:46:28 -0000

Hello all,

I recently worked on a project creating a fleet wide tracking and
data logging system for a major vehicle OEM.  (With a few other
features thrown in as well, including security and geo-fencing)

If anyone wants any advice on vehicle tracking technologies, please
feel free to get in touch.

Simon

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "ianh1000" <ianh1000@y...> wrote:

> Hi Dean
>
> I am sure that you do not need to go to the lengths of GPS records
> show no private use. I claim business mileage for using my own car
> back from IR and I do not need to go to that level of proof. I do
> need to record my business mileage and this could be audited to a
> degree. If your guys were to record business mileage and that this
> roughly match the vans mileage that should be ok, it would then be
> very clear if the van had done several thousand extra miles.
>
> I have a customer who has thousands of engineers and they are about
> to track them with GPS (It is very unpopular with the engineers)
but

wrote:
> > Phil
> >
> > This is one of the things we are trying to deal with.
> >
> > The new tax laws about to come in me that all my guys will
suddenly
> be
> > paying 1k a year for a van rather than a couple of hundred,
unless
> as we are
> > informed, we can prove that the vehicles are not used for private
> mileage.
> >
> > But as with all these things, i think i've got to get their
> permission to be
> > tracked :)
> >

> > Dean.
> >

> >   _____

list
so
> much.
> > >
> > > I now have a way to move forward to resolve the issue.
> > >
> > > Next Fridays dilemma will be  - should i track my vans to
> > > make sure people are not diddling their time sheets :)
> >
> > Might be an idea ... Just had a phonecall this morning from my
mum -
>  my aunt
> > has just had a "ding" in her car in the carpark of
their local

<http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=1293s6tem/M=283686.4531047.5839501.442002

oups/S=1705041992:HM/EXP=1094378346/A=2044486/R=0/SIG=10svm8ftb/*http: