Re: Vehicle Tracking

  • Subject: Re: Vehicle Tracking
  • From: "ianh1000" <ianh1000@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 04 Sep 2004 17:43:58 -0000

Hi Dean

I am sure that you do not need to go to the lengths of GPS records to
show no private use. I claim business mileage for using my own car
back from IR and I do not need to go to that level of proof. I do
need to record my business mileage and this could be audited to a
degree. If your guys were to record business mileage and that this
roughly match the vans mileage that should be ok, it would then be
very clear if the van had done several thousand extra miles.

I have a customer who has thousands of engineers and they are about
to track them with GPS (It is very unpopular with the engineers) but
they are using it as part of a job scheduling system which makes
sense. They will use a PDA and when they finish a job the location
and their skill profile is used to asign the next job.

Regards
Ian

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Dean Barrett" <dean@w...> wrote:
> Phil
>
> This is one of the things we are trying to deal with.
>
> The new tax laws about to come in me that all my guys will suddenly
be
> paying 1k a year for a van rather than a couple of hundred, unless
as we are
> informed, we can prove that the vehicles are not used for private
mileage.

> But as with all these things, i think i've got to get their
permission to be
> tracked :)
>

> Dean.
>

>   _____

local
superstore.
> The other vehicle was a company van which was reversing out of a
parking
> space - the guy was horrified at the accident which left him with a
couple
> of small but easily enough repairable dents and a broken rear light
cluster
> - nothing too drastic - however it turned out he was using the
works van for
> personal use and shouldn't have been doing!
>
> Phil
>

> Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

<http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=1293s6tem/M=283686.4531047.5839501.442002
9/D=gr