Fw: Re: Comfort to Garage Door Opener

  • Subject: Fw: Re: Comfort to Garage Door Opener
  • From: Gareth Cook <g@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2004 11:39:11 +0100

I did this already to put a switch in my car :-)

http://palmlodge.com/lookup/911+garage+switch

G.

Gareth Cook
SWG EMEA North Account Manager
IBM SWG - BTE Office - Lotus Park, Staines, TW18 3AG
Office: +44 (0)1784 445166 - Mobile: +44 (0)7980 445166
AIM Chat : TheBoyG - MSN Chat : chat@xxxxxxx
email: g@xxxxxxx

----- Forwarded by Gareth Cook/UK/IBM on 26/10/2004 11:23 -----

Discussion
Main Topic

"Patrick Lidstone" <patrick@xxxxxxx>
Today 10:24

.
Subject:
.
[ukha_d] Re: Comfort to Garage Door Opener
.
Category:

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, Gareth Cook <g@u...> wrote:
> Has anyone here done, or know of someone, who has hooked into the wall
> switch (wired) to a Liftmaster (Chamberlain) garage door opener ?
>
> I want to hook it into a Comfort 12v relay - but Chamberlain are
refusing
> me specs details ! I've a horrible feeling the wall switch is 24v -
but I
> have no way of knowing.
>
> Anyone done this - say with a powerflash module ? The Comfort relay
can
> cope with 12v @ 500mA.

Can you get an additional remote for the door? If so, the quick and
dirty method is to dismantle the remote, and wire the comfort relay
across the push button. Since the remote is battery powered, so you
won't have any problems driving it from the comfort relay.

Patrick