Latest message you have seen: Improving the picture from video card

Re[2]: Re: KVM switches

Ok I have decided not to buy a Belkin.

The reviews you lot have given me and reviews on ebuyer are basically the
same.

The linksys seems the best .. but it is PS2 only ... and my mac has no
PS2!!!

Andy ...

Where can I get this Gem Adderview KVM from?

Ho yin

At 09:15 25/10/2004, you wrote:
>My Belkin Omnicube only shows switching problems when one of the
computers
>is in a boot up sequence - it won't switch away from it using "SL
SL n".
>Otherwise it is very solid. PS/2 connections, now with a cordless KB
and
>mouse, but I've used a USB mouse with adapter to the PS/2 socket.
>
>PCs are HP and homebrew - I have used various Linices and W95 through
>XP SP2. The only problem machine was an HP Omnibook 6000 with W2K which
>sometimes didn't pick up the mouse - so I started using Synergy
instead.
>Also no problems with mouse/keyboard event trappers such as VNC, VMWare
>and Synergy.
>
>Pete

>On 25/10/2004 at 07:34 ho yin ng wrote:
>
> >Richard,
> >

> >Thanks ,,, unfortunately it is not USB.
> >

> >I forgot to add that one of my machines will be a PC and the other
a Mac.

> >So that knocks the linksys out of the equation.
> >

> >Seems like everyone is not too happy about the Belkin switching.
This
> >should
> >not be too much of a problem for me (unless it is really
annoying).

> >Can anyone suggest an alternative brand? Or has everyone got a
Belkin?

<yahoogroups@h...> wrote:
> >> Anywhere here using KVM switches?
> >>

> >> I am thinking of getting a Belkin two port one. Are they any
good?

> >> I am worried about adding an extra length of cable, will this
> >decrease the
> >> quality of my video signal noticeably?
> >>

> >> Is Belkin a good make? Or should I look at something else.
> >>

> >> As always money is an issue, but if the quality of picture on
my
> >monitor is
> >> going to be harmed I'd rather buy another monitor and
keyboard.