Latest message you have seen: RE: ADSL Bonding - Photos/Screen Shots

RE: KVM switches

I have a Belkin Omniview USB KVM 4 port (F1D104-USB).  Got it cheap at a PC
world sale.

The remote PCs are connected to the switch by a USB cable and a monitor
cable (i.e. you do keyboard & mouse over USB).  The keyboard and mouse
that
you plug in to the box can be either USB or PS2, but the PC only sees them
as USB devices.

You can select the device you want by pressing "scroll lock"
twice and
selecting the PC or use the button on the front to cycle through the
devices
1-->2-->3-->4-->1.

I run a 20" Sony at 1280x1024 (76hz) without any issues.

The only thing I would prefer is the ability to press a button to go to a
unit directly, rather than having to cycle through them... I could use the
'double scroll lock' option, but this does not work with a USB keyboard.

My keyboard supports both USB and PS2.  The problem with the PS2 option was
that it seemed to only send about 40 characters (if you keep the key
pressed
down and then you needed to release it and press it again).  This was not a
problem for normal use, but caused real issues with games (you are blasting
a monster, it is nearly dead, then your gun stops firing and before you
release the button / press it again, the monster gets you).

With the limitations mentioned above, I am happy with it and it does the
job
required of it (for at least the past couple of years).