Latest message you have seen: Magicbox IMP Adapt WiFi Internet Radio & Media Player

OT : Anyone know much about HP Laserjet 5Si under Windows XP?

  • Subject: OT : Anyone know much about HP Laserjet 5Si under Windows XP?
  • From: "Phil Harris" <phil@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 23 Oct 2004 00:32:52 +0100

Just picked up an HP 5Si for use at home - it works fine but if I have the
printer driver set to "Graphics Mode - HPGL/2" then it takes
bloody ages to
print anything more than simple text ... Setting the printer driver to
"Graphics Mode - Raster" speeds things up hugely - certainly by a
factor of
20 or so.

Anyone know what the advantages / disadvantages of using the
"raster" option
rather than "HPGL/2" are?

Also - this 5Si *SHOULD* be a 5SiMx but it has had the postscript SIMM
stripped out by some muppet who probably assumed it was printer RAM -
anyone
got any ideas where I may get a replacement PostScript SIMM from
(preferably
not at HP prices) - I checked up on ebay a couple of days ago and there
wasn't anything up there then.

Cheers

Phil