Re: TiVo/wi-fi connectivity

  • Subject: Re: TiVo/wi-fi connectivity
  • From: "big_red_frog" <atod@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2004 07:55:15 -0000

Hi There,

I am only parroting what has been mentioned by others on this group
before, but check the telephone line sockets for more than one master
socket, ie more than one socket with a cap in the back, this I
believe has led to similar symptoms before...

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "White, Peter" <peter.white@b...>
wrote:
> All
>
> Whilst we're building our new home, we've moved in with the
Outlaws.  I've
> now got the ADSL connection back on line (the week without it was
hell!!),
> but we have a problem with TiVo, in that it's nowhere near a phone
line, and
> even if it was, the wiring is so flaky that plugging another unit
onto the
> phone line causes the ADSL connection to die (not sure why, there's
only 3
> outlets on the circuit, each with just 1 regular phone).  Anyway,
I've got
> the wireless network back up, and the TiVo has the ethernet card in
it....so
> what's the easiest way to get it back on line?
>
> I'd looked at 2 options; the first was a DECT modem, but I can't
find any at
> a reasonable price, so it looks like I'll have to go the wi-fi
way....I use
> a NetGear DG834M router, so any ideas on what I need on the end of
the
> ethernet cable?  I also have a wi-fi connected PC next to TiVo, but
I assume