Feed to projector question

  • Subject: Feed to projector question
  • From: "big_red_frog" <atod@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2004 08:05:46 -0000

Hi All,

I am just about to put up the last of my ceiling in the garage, which
is below my living room and have to make a decision on the missing
wiring for my projector.

Somehow, and I have no idea why, I have wires for everything except
decent picture from what is my AV corner ( DVD player, XBox, skyplus
S-Video capable AV amp etc) to my projector.

The projector does however have a SVGA lead from the garage node zero
via an adaptor into the HDMI connector on the projector.

I can maybe just about get another SVGA lead from my video corner
down into the garage, and then switch the feed into the projector
SVGA lead in the garage between the AV server (which lives in the
garage) and the AV corner with some form of SVGA switch.

The big question I have is, abstacting out, this would leave me with
a SVGA feed to my projector from the AV corner.

Is there a device that can switch the input into this SVGA lead
between a S-Video source and a component or even HDMI one?

So I could select between sources in the AV corner.

I appreciate that I am effectively upping the quality of the
connection, but will expect to loose something due to the conversion
anyway, and I have no idea what is involved in going from SVideo ( or
component ) to SVGA to HDMI, but I am hopeing there is something!

The flying cables of S-Video and component that presently string
across open air at 10 foot up are far too tempting for the cats, and
SWMBO is not particularly happy with them either!

Yours in hope...

Hmmm, I appear to of worn out my bracket key.