RE: Re: AVR300

>> True, but you don't have the Denon to compare it to - and I
>> ain't taking the speakers off the ceiling!
>
> Call yourself committed...?

NEED to be committed maybe.. :)

>> And u snubbed Croydon the other day, so right back atchya pal :P
>
> You're trying to compare the historic city of Winchester - with its
close

I think this is a suitable point to mention that Winchester is #5 in the
Crap Towns book of, well crap towns:

Town/Village: Winchester

Sure it's pretty and historic, but it's hardly the bastion of civility
many would have you believe.

Any character disappeared from the town centre when the high street
received the chain store make-over, house-prices are exorbitant and cater
exclusively for well-heeled London-employed family-builders seeking old
England, and the countryside has been hewn by Maggie's M3 legacy. And that
isn't the half of it. It's the middle-class complacency, nay arrogance
that defines the place.

This reactionary character is personfied by the town's most odious
insititution, Winchester College, and its inmates. Young public school
boys stride the historic streets, comfortable and sublimely superior in
the knowledge that daddy's considerable land-ownership and board-room
interests will see them through to their positions as Tory MPs
and beyond.

Ha ha :)

And yes, Croydon IS on the list, but at #15 ;)

>> LOL.  It fulfills a need (zero floor space, no big ugly boxes
>> in sight) but I know what you mean.
>
> No big ugly boxes but what about the owners. :-P

slag :)

>> setup software before in his life, should be gutted slowly
>> then slow-roasted over an open fire and fed to the dogs....
>
> Aha! So you've been reading UKIP's law and order manifesto...

LOL.

>> I saw it on the web somewhere for £2,700 I think it was...
>
> Probably the older "i" version - they tend to whap about
£500 off the
> older
> versions when the new one comes out - same happened with the original
AX10
> when the AX10i came out.

Ahhh.... I think I can get the newer one at that price
"elsewhere" anyway
(not that I'm buying it)...

>> > then said "Ask him if he'd take £1,600..." :-D
>>
>> LOL - I bet you will and all :)
>
> Actually I don't know whether I dare!

go on you chicken :D

>> bar steward!
>
> You should see his "play room" at work. He's got some
floorstanding
> Pioneer
> speakers (a full 5 channel set) that were imported from Pioneer Japan
that
> think he told me were £2k a speaker (they do sound bloody nice
though).
> There's also (IIRC) a pair of the huge REL blanket chest sized subs
and
> several sets of M&K surrounds. :-D

stop it now - I'm crying!