RE: Re: AVR300

  • Subject: RE: Re: AVR300
  • From: "Phil Harris" <phil@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2004 07:37:19 +0100

> True, but you don't have the Denon to compare it to - and I=20
> ain't taking the speakers off the ceiling!

Call yourself committed...?

> And u snubbed Croydon the other day, so right back atchya pal :P

You're trying to compare the historic city of Winchester - with its close
bonds with the formation of this great country, Kings Arthurs seat, the
round table etc., the beautifull cathedral, the gorgeous surroundings (and
what are acclaimed to be two of the nicest driving roads in the UK - the
A3=
2
and the A272) within easy reach with *CROYDON*!!! :-O
=20
> > Well, I'm running sub/sat at the moment and it sounds OK to me.
>=20
> Not a shitey mission set that looks like it cost about 50=20
> quid the lot you're not :)

;-)

> >> Going to my old nemesis, MI on Sat hopefully - at least I=20
> know they=20
> >> do the bose kit....
> >
> > /me suggests that - just as the desire to be a politician
should=20
> > preclude you from ever becoming one - then any hifi dealers
selling=20
> > Bose should automatically be stripped of the title "hifi
dealer"...
>=20
> LOL.  It fulfills a need (zero floor space, no big ugly boxes=20
> in sight) but I know what you mean.

No big ugly boxes but what about the owners. :-P

> Equally, any authorised Linn dealer, who has supposedly been=20
> on a course and knows less about it than the client he is=20
> installing it for, despite siad client never having seen the=20
> setup software before in his life, should be gutted slowly=20
> then slow-roasted over an open fire and fed to the dogs....

Aha! So you've been reading UKIP's law and order manifesto...

> >> Sheet man - that's a toughie alright m8....
> >
> > You're not kidding, especially when AVLand (who are usually
pretty
> > competetive) are selling it for =A33,300
>=20
> Bargain - not.
> I saw it on the web somewhere for =A32,700 I think it was...

Probably the older "i" version - they tend to whap about =A3500
off the old=
er
versions when the new one comes out - same happened with the original AX10
when the AX10i came out.

> > wifey
> > then said "Ask him if he'd take =A31,600..." :-D
>=20
> LOL - I bet you will and all :)

Actually I don't know whether I dare!

> > Thing is, he's on the AX10 "team" and I know (because
he=20
> told me) that=20
> > he was given the AX10 by Pioneer. :-D
>=20
> bar steward!

You should see his "play room" at work. He's got some
floorstanding Pioneer
speakers (a full 5 channel set) that were imported from Pioneer Japan that
=
think he told me were =A32k a speaker (they do sound bloody nice though).
There's also (IIRC) a pair of the huge REL blanket chest sized subs and
several sets of M&K surrounds. :-D

Phil