RE: Re: AVR300

  • Subject: RE: Re: AVR300
  • From: "Phil Harris" <phil@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2004 07:04:03 +0100

> > > I would not be particuarly surprised to hear that the=20
> Arcam is warm=20
> > > sounding and polite. It seems to be their "house"
> > > sound. However, it will be interesting to see if your
> > > (Phil's) impression improves with listening.
> >=20
> > I'm certainly warming to it - it sounds nice enough in my
modest=20
> > setup.
>=20
> Bah, I'm going to demo it and the denon again - with a bose=20
> AM15 setup this time, since that's what I have, so that's all=20
> that matters.

Or you could pop down here and have a bit longer play? ;-) (Bring your -
er=
- Bose things too if you want and we'll set it up with those. :-P)

> Too many ppl (myself included) have been surprised at my=20
> liking the denon over the Arcam, so I'm thinking either:
> The denon suits the sub/sat combo better....OR the idiots set=20
> it all up wrong....OR the speakers were just shite :)

Well, I'm running sub/sat at the moment and it sounds OK to me.

> Going to my old nemesis, MI on Sat hopefully - at least I=20
> know they do the bose kit....

/me suggests that - just as the desire to be a politician should preclude
you from ever becoming one - then any hifi dealers selling Bose should
automatically be stripped of the title "hifi dealer"...

> > For =A31,800 ... Unfortunately that makes for a difficult=20
> decision - the=20
> > Arcam is =A31,300 and is kind of affordable at a pinch. But this
is=20
> > =A31,800 for what is pretty much the mother of all integrated
AV=20
> > amplifiers (I'm assuming that the
>=20
> Sheet man - that's a toughie alright m8....

You're not kidding, especially when AVLand (who are usually pretty
competetive) are selling it for =A33,300
(http://www.avland.co.uk/pioneer/vsaax10ai/vsa-ax10ai.htm)
- of course wife=
then said "Ask him if he'd take =A31,600..." :-D

Thing is, he's on the AX10 "team" and I know (because he told me)
that he
was given the AX10 by Pioneer. :-D

Phil