RE: Re: AVR300

> > I would not be particuarly surprised to hear that the Arcam is
warm=20
> > sounding and polite. It seems to be their "house"
> > sound. However, it will be interesting to see if your
> > (Phil's) impression improves with listening.
>=20
> I'm certainly warming to it - it sounds nice enough in my=20
> modest setup.=20

Bah, I'm going to demo it and the denon again - with a bose AM15 setup this
time, since that's what I have, so that's all that matters.

Too many ppl (myself included) have been surprised at my liking the denon
over the Arcam, so I'm thinking either:
The denon suits the sub/sat combo better....OR the idiots set it all up
wrong....OR the speakers were just shite :)

Going to my old nemesis, MI on Sat hopefully - at least I know they do the
bose kit....

> Well we've had a bit of a fly in the ointment ... I have an=20
> "aquaintence" at Pioneer who has just said he can get me
one=20
> of these...
>=20
> http://www.pioneer-eur.com/files/brochures/04_HE_AX10/04_HE_AX
10_EN.pdf
>=20
> For =A31,800 ... Unfortunately that makes for a difficult=20
> decision - the Arcam is =A31,300 and is kind of affordable at a=20
> pinch. But this is =A31,800 for what is pretty much the mother=20
> of all integrated AV amplifiers (I'm assuming that the=20

Sheet man - that's a toughie alright m8....

Cheers,

T.