RE: Re: AVR300

  • Subject: RE: Re: AVR300
  • From: "Phil Harris" <phil@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2004 00:00:25 +0100

> Good to see the reviews from Phil and Tony. As always seems=20
> to be the case, it is never that clear cut!
=20
God no ...

> I would not be particuarly surprised to hear that the Arcam=20
> is warm sounding and polite. It seems to be their "house"=20
> sound. However, it will be interesting to see if your=20
> (Phil's) impression improves with listening.

I'm certainly warming to it - it sounds nice enough in my modest setup.=20

> I would be interested to see how the Arcam sounds if you=20
> divert 2 of the 7 channels to bi-amp the front speakers.

Hopefully will get to do that this weekend.
=20
> It is still some time before I will get round to setting up=20
> the home cinema but I was hoping that the Arcam might be the=20
> solution. Sadly there don't seem to be loads of good options=20
> around that price and the Arcam did have some good features for HA.=20

Yes it does.

> I'll just have to keep that short list going!!
>=20
> I for one would certainly be interested to hear more updates=20
> on progress Phil.

Well we've had a bit of a fly in the ointment ... I have an
"aquaintence" a=
Pioneer who has just said he can get me one of these...

http://www.pioneer-eur.com/files/brochures/04_HE_AX10/04_HE_AX10_EN.pdf

For =A31,800 ... Unfortunately that makes for a difficult decision - the
Ar=
cam
is =A31,300 and is kind of affordable at a pinch. But this is =A31,800 for
=
what
is pretty much the mother of all integrated AV amplifiers (I'm assuming
tha=
the monolith that is the Yamaha DSP-Z9 will be the daddy)

Phil