Re: Total internal VOIP?

> I dont want the analog between the 2, I want to have something that
has a=
dect
> antenna on it, and speaks sip/something back to the server, The place
her=
e is
> too big for a normal dect to cover most of it, so at least 2 radios
are n=
eeded.
> I know ericsson make dect units for there PABX's, but I dont want
PABX, a=
s as
> far as im concerned, its a dead in the water technology
>=20

www.telappliant.com sell a DECT-like handset which works over Wifi and
uses SIP. So in theory it'll work fine with asterisk..etc.

> > I'm absolutely loving the panasonic dect handsets w/ the sipura -
it
> > comes up with name/number caller ID as with normal VoIP..etc.
Even
> > landlines > voip. Love it :)
>=20
> Yeah, but 2 handsets cant make calls at the same time, and you cant
move =
between
> base stations seamlessly like you can with a tried and true commercial
de=
ct
> installation.

Welll if you get a sipura 2000 you get 2 (independant) FXS's. So they
can be independent.. although as you say the seemless roaming isnt an
option.
>=20
>>=20
> Im going to get some phones first I think, no point in having the
analog-=
viop
> adaptors as far as im concerned, all the cool stuff wont work with
them ;=
)
>=20
> Actuall, a cisco viop phone isnt too badly priced when compared
against s=
ome of
> the HA wall mount screens etc, and it has the benifit of making
phonecall=
s too.

Yeah - I have a Cisco 7960 in the computer room and its great. IMHO
all the cool stuff actually comes from asterisk - so even a =A35 corded
phone will do the trick. Although it *is* nice to have that huge
screen with the cisco (with excellent build quality). They also have
things like an XML directory..etc.