Re: Re: building a house..

Thanks - I was trying to do that with what I described in my post.  I
initially figured a cat5e & tv cable to each room, then on further
consideration I double that to 2 each so I could separate telephone from
LAN if I want to, and each room can be both source and destination for
the TV signals.  I then talked to the subcontractor and found out he's
only charging me $45 per outlet for that configuration, so now I'm
thinking one per wall rather than one per room, with extras here and
there.  I'm not sure he was planning on routing them with tubing,
though, so we'll see what the real price tag is.  I've already got the
extra electrical outlets in the plan as the architect drew it, and plan
to get that in writing for the builder as well (since his sub does his
own electrical plan, rather than use the architect's).

My confusion is currently what to spec for the audio component, and what
home-automation wiring to include and where.