Re: (OT) Excel Unix Help

On Thu, 7 Oct 2004 14:48:43 +0100, aashram <groups@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> I am sick of ppl make their own judgements on what is and what isnt
relative
> to the group. Email me offlist if you have a problem.

You made the judgement when you marked the topics [OT]

> Or let me put the question another way for you to keep you happy.
> "someone has a HA server on a linux platform and wants to
download the
> log file remotely in excel format using a Apache server. "Does
that now make the
> question on topic.

If that's what the question is, why not ask that question? and why
mark it as off topic. You can't bitch when people complain about the
number of OT posts you make, when YOU decide they're off topic.

> Knowledge is power and something that to you may not seem interesting
to others may
> come in useful at some time. I had looked at google but found not many
options
> so i thought maybe someone on the group could recommend the best way.
>
> with regards to ukha and my input, maybe doing the music for ukha2004
video for nothing
> is not good enough for you.

If you want to get into a pissing contest over who does more for the
ukha community then fine, piss away.

I have implemented the last 2 versions of the UKHA website, for free.
I add features to the UKHA website when Mark asks me to, for free.
I have implemented & maintained the UKHA FAQ, for free.
I contribute articles to the UKHA website, for free.
I publish HA tutorials on my own website, for free.
I helped set up the origional UKHA IRC channel, for free.

The music you did for the ukha2004 vid really was very good, you'll
get no argument there.

> In fact stuart i can remember you making a google remark before and
being panned.

I have no idea what you're on about, refresh my memory.

> live abit, life is not as rigid as you make out, its time to stop
being a sheep and think
> outside the box, its not hard honest, you t****r

baaaah

--