Re: Xbox Media Center - 05-10-2004

On Thu, 7 Oct 2004 10:26:48 +0100, Mark McCall
<lists@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> It's fine for me up to 4x FFWD, more than that is a prob.  REWIND has
always
> been in the un-fixable bugs lists.

Damn, I can't even get 1xFFW to work reliably.

> I have noticed that certain files are better than others, perhaps to
do with
> "key frames" in the encoding?  Paul Gale might know.

Well all mpeg codecs have periodic I frames. Can't see any technical
reason  why it doesn't work.

> When watching TV stuff lately I'm using the arrow keys to jump forward
and
> back.  Have you tried that?

Ah excellent, never knew that. Should prolly RTFM or something ;)

> > airings of the Enterprise theme music are expressly forbidden by
> > international human rights laws.
>
> LOL, how true!

Yes....I expect a public apology is too much to ask for, but you never
know,  mebbe they've replaced it with something less dreadful. OTOH,
I've a horrible feeling that 90% of america prolly thinks it's a damn
fine tune :(

ant
(proud to have never got further than "It's been a lo...."
<insert
Tivo skip noises here>