RE: Xbox Media Center - 05-10-2004

  • Subject: RE: Xbox Media Center - 05-10-2004
  • From: "Mark McCall" <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2004 10:26:48 +0100

> Ooo, while we're on the subject, does divx/xvoid fast-forward and
> rewind work for anyone?

It's fine for me up to 4x FFWD, more than that is a prob.  REWIND has
always
been in the un-fixable bugs lists.

I have noticed that certain files are better than others, perhaps to do
with
"key frames" in the encoding?  Paul Gale might know.

When watching TV stuff lately I'm using the arrow keys to jump forward and
back.  Have you tried that?  Up is FWD 10mins or something, Right is FWD
30Secs, something like that, the down and left keys are the same for
Rewind.

> airings of the Enterprise theme music are expressly forbidden by
> international human rights laws.

LOL, how true!

> Hmm, my simple question seems to have gone all ranty. ;)

Yes :P