Re: Re: [OT] Help needed choosing new PC Spec.

Andy Whitfield wrote:

> Yep, I'll upgrade to the x800 graphics card.
> A mistake I made on my last PC was having graphics and sound
> integrated on the motherboard.
> The ATI Radeon x800SE card isn't integrated on-board but I see the
> sound is.
> Would I be better of buying the Creative Labs Sound Card?

Integrating video could negate a later upgrade, but onboard sound
generally doesn't AIUI. My Dell PC came with a CL audigy card (hobson's
choice from the factory outlet), and the onboard 5 channel sound
disabled. So you could always stick with m/b sound for now, and upgrade
to the latest and greatest PCI soundcard later.

The current generation motherboards have fairly good on board sound to
start with I think.

Jim