Re: Re: [OT] Help needed choosing new PC Spec.

2005 editions of virus scanning software are out now

there is not "wait and see" with a virus scanner, you have it
installed on day one and the first thing the PC does when it goes onto
the net is download the updates.

The sound card will really only be nesecary if you plan on plugging
the PC into a fairly decnet audio setup, onboard audio has come on
leaps and bounds since they started doing it, onboard graphocs still
lag behind a lot (but they are still relativelly powerfull, as it's
the fatest moving area of PC technology) but the onbaord sound will be
fine unless you are plugging th PC into Av or decent hi-fi kit.

HTH
Scott

On Sun, 21 Nov 2004 10:54:39 -0000, Andy Whitfield
<andywhitfield2002@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> Yep, I'll upgrade to the x800 graphics card.
> A mistake I made on my last PC was having graphics and sound
> integrated on the motherboard.
> The ATI Radeon x800SE card isn't integrated on-board but I see the
> sound is.
> Would I be better of buying the Creative Labs Sound Card?
>
> As for the anti-virus, I think it might be better to wait for 2005
> edition.  I presume it will come out in January?
>

> Andy
>
> --- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, Scott Ewing <geekstah@g...> wrote:
> > yeah, the speed of the card, the x800 will see you better into
the
> > future, and yeah you'll only need 256meg for hardcore gaming.
> although
> > there were rumours of a 512meg GeForce 6800 ultra it has yet to
rear
> > it's head, probably be the kind of thing that gets released just
> > before the GF7.
> >
> > virus updates being free, yes and no.
> > with Norton anyway, it'll cost you 45 quid for the program, and
you
> > get 15 months of updates included. You then get the option of
buying
> > another subscription, or buying the new version of the product
after
> > that time.
> >
> > you can of course "acquire" the software by other
methods, thus
> > negating the need for subscriptions.
> >
> > Scott
> >
> > On Sat, 20 Nov 2004 16:23:09 -0000, Andy Whitfield
> > <andywhitfield2002@y...> wrote:
> > >

> > > Thanks for the info.
> > > Am I right the only difference between the cards is
processing

wrote:
> into
> know