Re: [OT] Satnav for VW Passat

  • Subject: Re: [OT] Satnav for VW Passat
  • From: "paul_watkin" <paul_watkin@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2004 14:55:16 -0000

I have looked at the TomTom in Dixons and the text looks quite small,=20
how easy are they to use?? SWMBO has to wear glasses to read small=20
text close up (books etc), but cannot get on with Varifocals and the=20
like so doesn't wear glasses to drive.

Also does the Tom Tom give verbal instructions??

IS Tom Tom traffic aware? can it be hooked up to routemaster or TMC

Final question, how permanent a fixture is the tom Tom? does it have=20
to be taken down and taken with you every time you leave the car like=20
a mobile phone or is it firmly fixed to the car??=20

Cheers

Paul