RE: Re: Freeview or sky dish with free-to-air

  • Subject: RE: Re: Freeview or sky dish with free-to-air
  • From: "LeeUKHA" <mailinglists@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2004 20:28:34 -0000

Call me a tightwad, but CBeebies and CBBC are the best children's channel
available and free on Freeview. The rest show adverts for expensive toys
every 5mins, which the kids are never going to have, but still get get
upse=
about the fact... We can tell when granny (who has Sky) has been letting
them watch TV due to the incessant bleating about new Sindy/Barbie/etc....

As an aside most Sky installers won't fit a dish much above head height
these days, to fit it to a roof gully you'll need a real installer, who
wil=
definitely charge you more than a =A31 for the install, which kind of
level=
the playing field with a new ariel. You can get stinking big aerials these
days (Telves?) that can be used inside a roof void, maybe with an amp, to
get Freeview.

Lee