Re: Freeview or sky dish with free-to-air

Possibly. Both get CBBC and Cbeebies but sky does have a couple of=20
other free to air kids channels (Pop from memory?). If you use Top-
Up TV with the Freeview box (needs a card slot and costs =A37.99 a=20
month) then again you get a couple more kids channels along with 5=20
or 6 'mainstream' ones.

Rob

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Young, Jeff" <Jeff.Young@D...>
<Jeff.Young@D...>=20
wrote:
> > Not sure why I want to do this as there is a load of rubbish on
> the TV but
> > I've been thinking about installing digital TV in my house.  It
> seems to
> > either go for a new ariel and freeview decoder or install a sky
> dish and
> > obtain a card that will just let you watch the free to air
> channels.  I'm
> > not sure that I want any sort of monthly contract just at the
> moment but may
> > consider something like top-up tv in the future. (
<=A310/month ).
> >=20
> > So any guidance would be gratefully received.  Does the sky=20
option
> have any
> > advantages over freeview ?
> >=20
> > jeff
> >=20
> >=20
> -------------
> > The information contained herein is confidential and is intended
> solely for the
> > addressee. Access by any other party is unauthorised without the
> express
> > written permission of the sender. If you are not the intended
> recipient, please
> > contact the sender either via the company switchboard on +44 (0)
20
> 7623 8000, or
> > via e-mail return. If you have received this e-mail in error or
> wish to read our
> > e-mail disclaimer statement and monitoring policy, please
refer=20
> > http://www.drkw.com/disc/email/
or contact the sender. 3167
> -------------
>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20=20
> Yahoo! Groups Links
>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
-------------
> The information contained herein is confidential and is intended=20
solely for the
> addressee. Access by any other party is unauthorised without the=20
express
> written permission of the sender. If you are not the intended=20
recipient, please
> contact the sender either via the company switchboard on +44 (0)20=20
7623 8000, or
> via e-mail return. If you have received this e-mail in error or=20
wish to read our
> e-mail disclaimer statement and monitoring policy, please refer to=20
> http://www.drkw.com/disc/email/
or contact the sender. 3167