Re: X10 retrofit - part 2

In my case (in the end after playing around) I actually settled for
doing the reset in the evening as it gets dark.  Reasoning may sound
a bit obtuse but here goes... In the morning the kids come down
stairs at some indeterminant time between 6 and 7ish; I'm sometimes
up then too, maybe earlier.  Depending on the time of year it can be
dark and so its still useful to have the low lighting then in the
walkthrough areas.  As a result I couldn't come up with a decision as
to when to actually do a timed reset.

We have a light sensor which tends to control a lot of the automatic
lights and other controls (e.g. fountains).  So, it seemed easiest to
do the reset as it gets dark.  At this point, the lights come on
briefly and then dim down again but as its still fairly light its not
really noticable (no one has mentioned it and believe me, if it was
an issue, they would).  At this time of day (transition point), it
never interferes with manually set lights because they are never on
anyway at this time - but we may need them a little later as it gets
darker in the evening. All self regulating to take account of
changing seasons of course.

Well, that was my logic and I'm sticking to it!

Regards

Richard

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Marcus Warrington" <marcusw@m...>
wrote:

> Richard,
>
> Interesting idea.. I had thought of that but "assumed" that
the
light would